Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Recipe: Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies!


If there's one thing I've been seriously craving since my time in Italy it would be chocolate chip cookies! Believe it or not, gelato, cannoli and tiramisu can only go so far. Yes, I was surprised too! But man. I've been craving those hot and gooey cookies that melt in your mouth and I'd do anything to smell a homemade cookie kitchen right now! I bookmarked this mouth watering recipe {link} the other day and you better believe it's one of the first things I'm making when I'm back in my kitchen at home. It only takes 20 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to bake and 5 seconds to gobble up a cookie!



P.S. A helpful hint when storing cookies! Make sure to store them in a sealed container with a slice of sandwich bread inside! It maintains their softness and keeps them gooey for days! I'm not sure why this works but I promise it's a miracle!

I have great summer memories of running inside to eat fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies, rinsing off chocolate chip hands in the hose and heading out to play again. Try out this recipe for me and let me live my homemade chocolate chip cookie cravings vicariously through you! (Or feel free to send me some!!) But I'd love to know what you think! Does anyone else have a go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe?!

Emily