Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Bright Blue Pants a Make Her Dance


Okay, so maybe these pants don't make me "dance" but they definitely make me feel great. And that's what clothes are supposed to be about right? Right! 

I came across these gems at a vintage designer store down the street from my apartment. As you might know I'm living in Milan, Italy this summer so quality fashion picks are not hard to find but... finding them at a reasonable price is the kicker. The little store is tucked in the Brera District, traditionally known for great boutiques, and is called Il Cameo. The mother-daughter duo who own it have an eye for some of the best vintage Chanel, Gucci, Prada and YSL I've ever seen. For weeks I was lusting after a Chanel sweater shell from the 60's but had to talk myself off the ledge. Fortunately, the Il Cameo duo has taken a liking to me and my constant drop-ins and kindly knocked down the price of these pants to a steal! Go me and my decent Italian language skills!


To keep the focus on the star of the show, I like to pair these palazzos with a simple black top. The halter cut of this Banana Republic top {similar herehere, here} balances a little skin with the weight of the pants to keep this outfit cool both in temperature and in style. While these pants might not pair with everything, a simple black halter looks great on everyone and is super versatile. It's a great staple to have in your closet and if you don't own one already click the links above and invest!


Even with a big print, small details are everything. I'm carrying my Kate Spade color blocked crossbody that's the perfect size to fit everything I need for a day of traveling, dainty jewelry including one of my favorite Kate Spade Saturday necklaces (RIP) and simple black wedges. Would you believe me if I said these were Dr. Scholls? I couldn't believe it either! They're simple, stylish, match with everything and I've survived miles of Italian cobblestone streets in them. I've been super impressed. Go Dr. Scholls! 



{Top // Banana Republic (similarsimilar), Pants // (similar), Wedges // Dr. Scholls (similarsimilar), 
Purse // Kate Spade (similar, similar), Necklace // Kate Spade (similar)}

Do you have any prized finds from a local vintage store? And how about these palazzos? Are you a fan of the wide legs and bold prints? 
Emily 


3 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE those pants, Emily!! They are so cute and you are rockin' them so well!
    xx, Mikkaela
    The Southwestern Prepster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are OWNING those pants! I don't think I could ever pull them off, but you are killing it! Gorgeous!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pants, you pull them off so well! And I'm super jealous that you're living in Milan!

    -Ruya
    Sweet, Short & Stylish

    ReplyDelete