Monday, February 2, 2015

January Favorites!


I really can't believe that I'm already writing about my January favorites! It's crazy to think how fast 2015 is already flying by! Then again, time flies when you're having fun right?! January started with a break and ended back in the grind of school but I really can't complain. The break was nice but it's good to be back in a groove. My January favorites really show how I'm back into this routine grind hitting of some new and some old favorite go-tos. You know I always love a good go-to!

J.Crew Downtown Field Jacket // {Here} This is the ultimate cool girl jacket and I'm glad I made the plunge last year to invest in it. For one, it goes with absolutely everything and two, it's perfect for that brisk temperature that's too chilly for a sweater but not quite cold enough for a coat. It's the quintessential transition piece and I know it's already going to be one of my spring staples. I'm eyeing the black version!

Gap High Rise Skinny Jeans // {Here} I took a much needed trip to Gap over winter break to invest in some new jeans (sans unintentional holes and not completely stretched) that were much needed. I scored a few pairs on crazy-sale and these were my absolute favorite snatch. They're a higher rise version than I've ever had as well as skinny verses straight but I've been converted. The proportion is perfect with the rise and makes my 5'4" legs look a few inches longer (praise the jeans Gods), the darker wash is super flattering and the leg is fitted but not overly tight. These jeans and my field jacket have been my January uniform and I'm not regretting it one bit.

New Yorker Calendar // {Here} On one of my many trips to Joseph Beth over break I picked up this calendar to keep on my wall at school. I always have an agenda but this has bumped my organization up ten-fold. I keep it by my mirror and scan the week as I'm getting dressed. The classic illustrations also brighten up my room! If you haven't gotten a yearly calendar, get on it!

Clarisonic Mia 2 // {Here} This is truly a miracle product. I had wanted one of these for a while but could never justify paying so much for it. Thankfully I was gifted one during Christmas (thanks Mom) and it is life changing. Not lying. Within a week I had seen a change in my skin and now after three weeks I swear my face has completely transformed. I use it every night before I go to bed and it had completely cleared up any deep blemishes, brightened my skin and softened it without changing any other part of my routine. Trust me, this is worth the investment!

Essie Nail Care // {Here} Yes, I love to have my nails painted and I fell in love with two perfect colors over break {here} and {here}. However, after battling the inevitable chippage and keeping up a shiny top coat I decided to take a break and give my nails some breathing time. I 've been using this base coat about two times a week just to clear up my dry, overpainted, nails and strengthen them in their much needed off-season. Treat your nails to a break too!

What was on your list of January favorites?
Emily


2 comments:

  1. Great list! I went through a continuous nail polish phase a few months ago, and I was forgetting to take care of my nails! I've heard some good things about the Essie care, I might have to try it sometime!
    xx, Mikkaela
    The Southwestern Prepster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should definitely try it! It's a little more expensive than other brands but so worth it!

      Delete