Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My Go To's + Marley Lilly Houndstooth Plaid

                        

I talk a lot about my "go-to's" on the blog. Those pieces that you know you can throw on when you're running late, they will match with everything and they're going to look great every time. Well here are my top five go-tos, all in one outfit and topped off with this fantastic scarf from Marley Lilly!  






Shirt: {J.Crew} Pants: {Gap} Vest: {LandsEnd} Boots: Pink & Pepper {Similar Here} Scarf: {Marley Lilly}

The Go-Tos:
1. Chambray // I love a good chambray shirt. It's one of the best investments you'll make. It can be worn through all season and gives any outfit a casual yet modern twist. 

2. Black Pants // These are my all-time favorite pants. They are Gap city pants and they are a great mixture between structure and stretch. The slight crop allows me to roll them easily for ankle boots or have them fall right above a great pair of flats. 

3. Vest // I'm a firm believer in a great vest. They keep you warm on breezy days and provide a little pop of color over a simple shirt. A cozy down vest goes a long way and LandsEnd did it right here!

4. Ankle Boots // I bought these Pink & Pepper ankle boots about a year ago and I've gotten so much use out of them! A neutral ankle boot will go with anything, a skirt, a dress or jeans and gives you just enough heel to add height but to still comfortably walk around in all day!

5. Scarf // A handful of scarves are always a great resource to have in your closet and I'm so happy to be adding this one to my collection! This Marley Lilly Scarf is so precious! I love the pink contrast with the classic houndstooth print. This little pop of color easily brightened up my neutral look and helped me bear that December wind! Throw this on top of a chambray shirt, a shirt dress or even a t-shirt on the way to the library! These scarves are a great gift idea! Check out more on the {Marley Lilly site here}!

What are your 5 go-to's in your closet?
Emily


3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I couldn't live without scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vests! It's warm where I live so I don't need a full on winter jacket, but some days I need a little more warmth and vests do the trick! Great outfit :)

    xoxo
    Kimberly | Kimberly's Chronicle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you about summed up what my must-have pieces are! Your scarf is so pretty! And I love your hair.

    Ellen | A Pop of Pink

    ReplyDelete