Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Fall Trends: Love or Leave it?

Today I'm looking back on the recent fall trends. There are definitely some styles that stick out to me because I really love them and others that I silently cringe at. Here are my thoughts on five recent trends!

Dark Lips // LOVE IT
I'm loving these overly dark lips for the Fall. It makes a great contrast to everyone's end of the year pale skin and completes a darker outfit. I'm definitely digging all of these deep reds! Totally Love!

Belted Scarves // LEAVE IT
I've seen this trend amongst multiple blogs recently and I'm not sure I'm a fan. I understand that scarves are a necessity but these really defeat the point of their purpose of keeping your neck warm. The added bulk to the outfit isn't amazingly flattering either. I'm going to leave this one.

Styled Track Pants // LOVE IT
This trend took a while for me to get behind but now I really like it. This definitely isn't an acceptable work attire but I love the contrast between formal and casual. It's the perfect look for those lazy Saturdays and I'm loving it.

Printed Leggings // LEAVE IT
I have really tried to like this trend but I just can't. First off, these leggings do not flatter any body type, the horizontal stripes on your legs is a big no-no for me. Also, they look like pajama pants. I can get behind these if they're for lounging around the house but I don't think these should be a staple piece of your fall wardrobe. I'm leaving this one.

Sweaters over Maxis // LOVE IT
I really love this trend but I have yet to have the guts to pull it off. There is a difficult line to balance here by keeping a slouchy sweater but one that is just fitted enough to lose the appearance of a sack. I'm all about extending the life of your clothes throughout seasons and this is a great way to get the most out of your closet. Love it!

What are your thoughts on these fall trends?!
Emily


1 comment:

  1. Sweaters over maxis... always. So comfortable. I'm kind of a fan of the belted scarves thing, but that's because I love my blanket scarf and wear it around my shoulders all the time. It's so warm.

    xo,
    Zoe | La Vie en Zoe

    ReplyDelete