Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Stop And Smell The Roses


Spending the weekend at home gave me the chance to really, well, stop and smell the roses. It gave me a break from the hustle and bustle and it also gave me time to appreciate all of the good things around me whether that be family, friends, or even food! While this was such a treat to have I need to remember to take a little time out of my day to get a whiff of the roses. "You know, life moves pretty fast." Especially at school, I get so caught up in the whirlwind that is a busy school schedule that I forget to pause and take a look around. We work so hard in classes or in our jobs but how often do we actually stop to realize why we're working so hard and what this work is truly getting us? It can get so easy to overlook the little beauties in our days when running from meeting to meeting with a million things on our to do list but that's when it's especially important to take a breath.

Today let's take a break to look at our rewards from our hard work, let's look at how far we've come and let's look at how close the weekend is on this hump day! Today, let's stop and smell the roses.

Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment