Thursday, October 9, 2014

Raise & Five Fall Essentials!

Five Fall Essentials

Gosh I love Fall so much. Around campus I can start to see the leaves changing colors, the breeze getting a little cooler and the pumpkin spice lattes always seem to be on my desk but hey, I'm loving it. Another one of the best things about Fall? The clothes!

Honestly, this season can be a little tricky. Transitioning your summer clothes to your winter clothes can be a little difficult. So how do you combat this? Accessories! There's no point in purchasing a whole new wardrobe for this short period of brisk weather. By the time you finally pull the breezy sweater you just bought out of your closet it's already time for the peacoat! However, what you can do is layer a sweater with a plaid scarf or pop a darker color onto your lips to get a warmer look! Here are my faves for transitioning in this fall season!

Ankle boots // These are one of my favorite trends for fall and I'm glad they've stuck around a few years. Flats in cold weather can leave you with some pretty horrible blisters not to mention cold toes! I'm a sucker for some grey camp socks and they look nice and cozy peeking out from behind some leather booties!

Scarves // Particularly plaid scarves are my favorite addition to my fall wardrobe. Pop one over a t-shirt or dress and your outfit is complete. You get to wear scarves from October all the way to March so pick out some of your favorites and really utilize them!

Tech gloves // Honestly, tech gloves are now a necessity. It is the worst when you have to pull your hands out during cool weather to type on your phone. Now it's so easy to find them super cheap and they definitely don't look dorky!

Dark gloss // I purchased this dark gloss from a Forever 21 a while ago and I'm loving it. Even wearing this color with a white t-shirt and jeans changes your look to a fall feel. Match this with the colors in your plaid scarf and you've got it going on. 

Felt hats // Now this is my absolutely favorite trend going on right now. Felt. Floppy. Hats. They do take a little courage to pull out of your closet but they always look great and really do battle some chilly ears. Talk about effortless style!

Now with accessories and trendy styles I'm all about deals. I'm a big advocate of truly "investing" in your clothes however for things that are a seasonal trend look for cheaper items at way lower prices. Look to stores like Old Navy, H&M and Forever 21. I got this felt hat from Forever 21 for only $10! A great way to get some cheap trendy accessories for the fall season is through {Raise}! At this website you can purchase gift cards from stores like Forever 21 for discounted prices. Hello, this is awesome! Simply sign up, grab a gift card and get an even more discounted price for your favorite ankle boots! This is such an awesome site! Try out Raise and let me know what you think! 

What are your favorite Fall essentials? Have you ever used Raise?
Emily




10 comments:

  1. Yes x1000 to the floppy hats! I so want a black one to add to my collection this year!

    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eyeing a brown one right now myself! A basic black would be great too though!

      Delete
  2. I love the ankle boots you have shown! They're perfect for fall weather without freezing your toes in flats or sandals, but without the full commitment of wearing boots and having a heat stroke!

    Hayden
    mylifeashayden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good point! I tend to save riding boots for later in the season!

      Delete
  3. I definitely need to get a floppy hat. It seems like it's the one thing my closet is missing!

    xo Julie
    Cap and Gown Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shop around and you can find some for low prices! Asos also has nicer quality ones if you really want to invest!

      Delete
  4. I totally agree with your list! I need to go out and buy some tech gloves and I've been wanting a plaid scarf for a long time :)

    Eliza
    www.elizathecatlady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tech gloves save me when it gets colder! Target also has a lot of affordable options in some bright colors!

      Delete
  5. Awesome list! I would trade ankle boots for riding boots, but I really love the scarf and gloves you posted.

    Mina | Cream Coloured Ponies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riding boots are also always a great go-to! Thanks for stopping by Mina!

      Delete