Monday, September 29, 2014

Find Your Sunset


Any time I see a sunset I whip out my phone and take a picture of it. It's definitely one of the cheesier things that I do but I can't resist. They're truly one of my favorite things in this world. Yesterday as I was taking the photo below, I got asked by a friend why I always take so many pictures of sunsets and my answer was pretty simple. I figured I'd share my answer with you all as well.


So why sunsets? 

Well, it's because they give me something to smile about. In the middle of a busy and stressful day they make me me stop and think of all of the beautiful little things around me that are more important than the work ahead of me. On the flip side, after a long and perfect day, they're simply the cherry on top. Sunsets with friends are as picturesque as it comes, but a sunset alone is just as internally satisfying. Every once in a while we need something to make us pause and simply take our breath away. Sunsets give me that inspiration daily and the truly gorgeous ones I will always want to capture. So I'll keep going through the trouble to drag my phone out and take a picture of every sunset I see because its my daily documentation of the more important things in life. For me it's all about the little things, and life will always be about the little things.

What is your sunset? What's the little thing that makes you smile?
Emily


6 comments:

  1. I saw this picture on instagram this weekend, and I loved it! So pretty. It's always nice to think about the little things you love. Since I've been in France, it's been the beach, and the beautiful blue of the ocean... nothing can really compare. :)

    xo,
    Zoe | La Vie en Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous that you're in France. And I will always have a weak spot for the ocean! You're right, nothing truly compares!

      Delete
  2. I found this sweet little post via Her Campus Blogger Network! I looooove this, probably because I do a similar series-post called "A Few of my Favorite Things." Its so important to take pleasure in those little things that happen every day!

    xx: Payton Sartain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you stopped by, Payton! I can't wait to take a look at your series! I love other's that share the idea of beauty in the little things!

      Delete
  3. Hi there! I just came across your blog, and I love it I am now following! And these pictures are absolutely stunning- they make me miss summer.And my sunset really is piano and music, as cheesy as it sounds, whenever I am having a bad day, I go straight for the piano. And I love taking sunset pictures as well, something about them is gorgeous to me.

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music has that effect on me too. It can easily fit any mood and especially playing an instrument helps to brighten a day!

      Delete