Monday, September 8, 2014

Check Out My Interview on Seashells + Sparkles!


A few weeks ago, Rachel over at {Seashells + Sparkles} reached out to me for an interview on her blog and of course I said yes! For one, if you haven't been to her blog you should definitely check it out. She is a relatively new blogger but I love her classic New England style as well as her lifestyle posts! I loved getting to answer some questions for her! She definitely had the best interview questions so far! To check out my answers head on over to her blog or click on {this link to see the interview}!

Here's a little sneak peak at some of my comments!

What inspired you to start Emily and Dot?
Well, I really started Emily and Dot on a whim and essentially as a New Year’s Resolution! I had never been very good at keeping a consistent journal but I think the fact that I’ve tried multiple times really showed that void of some kind of an outlet. I had a bit of a rocky start with only one post, followed then by a two month break, before I started typing again but after I picked it back up I was hooked and E&D has been plugging along ever since!


What is your go-to piece of clothing?
A simple A-line skirt in a bright color! I have way too many of these skirts from J.Crew hanging in my closet but they’re the one thing I know I can throw on and it will be flattering and appropriate for almost any occasion. Spice it up with a pair of wedges or pair it with a baseball tee and you’re good to go! It’s definitely the no-brainer in my closet!


If you could have dinner with one person, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
I would absolutely love to sit down with Tina Fey. Her drive, ambition and humor are so infectious. I think it would be not only empowering but also absolutely hilarious. Maybe one day!


What do you do to relax?
I love taking a night to relax and watch movies. 80’s movies are my favorite! A group of girl friends and some Ben and Jerry’s make it absolutely perfect!


If you could only wear one pair of shoes for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Navy Converse! I will always swear that they can be worn with every outfit. I love the look of a white t-shirt, rolled jeans and converse but I also love matching them with a formal dress for a night of dancing. They will always be in the corner of my closet!


If you could give one piece of advice to someone interested in blogging, what would it be?
Go for it but make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons. Don’t go into blogging with lofty goals of immediately making a living or immediately having a million followers. Do it for you. Do it because you enjoy writing little afternoon blurbs or for the creative outlet or for the strong and confident girls you get to meet through the amazing blogger network. Those big milestones will come later but if you’re doing it for grounded reasons, you will gain so much more than you originally thought you could.

Head over to Rachel's blog to check out the interview! I'd love to hear what you all think!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment