Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Liebster Award! Pass it on!

Whoop whoop! The Liebster award is flying around right now and I was lucky enough to be nominated by two awesome bloggers ~ {Dressed to a Ti} and {Fresh Faced}! You should definitely take a look over at their blogs! So what's the Liebster award? It's a way to showcase up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, gain some publicity and connect with other new bloggers! Sounds perfect! 


                  

{Rules}
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you, then create another 11 question set for the next group of nominees. 
3. Choose 11 people to nominate with under 200 followers then link them in the post
4. Let your nominees know they've been tagged!

So here we go, 11 facts about myself!

1. I am heading into my Junior year of college at a small school in Memphis, TN and the fact that I'm a  junior sounds absolutely crazy to me!
2. I'm studying International Business and I'd love to do Marketing when I get out of college!
3. I also have a minor in International Studies and I spent the first half of this summer studying abroad in Europe! *whirlwind!
4. I'm an avid runner and my favorite time to run is right at dusk! It's such a great way to clear your head and breathe in some fresh air!
5. I play both the ukulele and the violin!
6. I never go anywhere without a moleskin notebook.
7. Despite my efforts to eat healthy, I could live off of powdered donuts. (Yikes!)
8. Brunch is my absolute favorite meal of the day. Can you say Mimosas and French toast?!
9. One of my most cherished possessions is a Canon DSLR that I splurged on in high school. One of my best decisions to date.
10. I am proud of my stationary collection addiction and I write letters every chance I get. 
11. (I'm not a hoarder but) I like keeping small mementos of my favorite memories in a box in my room.

Now for Meghan's questions!

1. One thing I can't live without?
       My friends. No question about it!
2. Who do you admire the most?
       Probably my parents 
3. Coffee or tea?
       Chai tea! My absolute favorite! Hot, iced, frozen, anything!
4. Best book you have read?
       This is tough, I'm such a book nerd. The Fountainhead and Catcher in the Rye are two of my
        favorites but Harry Potter definitely makes the list too!
5. Why did you start your blog?
      Really, I started it on whim and I ended up getting hooked!
6. Favorite food?
      The most amazing food I ever ate was a four cheese pizza in Reims, France 
7. In which country would you live for a year if you had the chance?
       London, England! (I'm hoping to intern there next summer!)
8. What is your biggest addiction?
       I hate that I'm so attached to social media! Instagram is my kryptonite! 
9. One fashion trend you don't understand?
       Crop tops. There is way to do them conservatively and chic but there are few that I have actually
       seen pull this off. 
10. Are you a kindle or a book person?
       Book, there's nothing better than an overflowing bookshelf.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
       Disrespecting people of authority, whether that's children talking back to their parents or students
        ignoring a professor in class. Show some respect people!

Whoop whoop! Now it's your turn!

1. Favorite drink at a coffeeshop?
2. Favorite fashion trend going on right now?
3. If you could shop at only one store for the rest of your life what would it be?
4. You have a plane ticket tomorrow for one country anywhere in the world. Where are you going?
5. If you could only have three apps on your phone (besides calling/messaging), what would you pick?
6. Dream job?
7. Favorite guilty pleasure television show?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. The first three websites you look at when you surf the web?
10. Where is your dream vacation?
11. Why did you start blogging?

I nominate….

Connie at {Prep Northwest}
Kacky at {Gals + Grace}
Kerri Ann at {A Trendy Peace}
Carrie at {Carrie on Blogs}
Eliza at {Eliza's Ramblings}

{This definitely isn't 11 girls so if you fit the bill, under 200 followers and haven't been nominated yet, simply comment below with your URL and attach the Liebster Award to your blog as well! I'd love to check it out!}

Always,
Emily

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank ya ma'am!! Loved reading your post too!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness thank you so much for nominating me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy too! Can't wait to see your answers!

      Delete
  3. Emily, thank you! I'm writing my answers now but you MUST intern in London. It. is. heaven. We'll have to chat about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I'd love to! And can't wait to read them!

      Delete
    2. Loved reading your post!

      Ti :)
      dressed-to-a-ti.blogspot.com

      Delete