Monday, August 11, 2014

My Mini Gallery Wall!


Finally, finally, finally! I finished my room! In celebration, I thought I'd show you one of my favorite parts, my mini gallery wall! As soon as I knew I was going to be decorating a new room this was on my agenda. I love a good gallery wall and I'm dying for the day I get to decorate an entire wall but for now, this mini gallery will do just perfectly! 

When I first started decorating my room, I opted for a simple bed frame without a headboard so that I could fill the space with some of my favorite photos instead. I think it gave my room a little something different and allows me to showcase some of my favorite memories in a stylized way. Here's an up-close look at some of my picks!


I scoured Michaels, TJ Maxx and HomeGoods to find a lot of different frames at very reasonable prices. The final total was below $100!! I tried to pick frames that would match some of the subtle colors in my bedding with a few staple whites and blacks. Different shapes and sizes really made a difference when it came to deciding on the overall layout. Here's my tip: make sure you have a good mixture of portrait and landscapes so that your gallery wall can really have a lot of variety and look less uniformed!


Most of the photos come from my experience studying abroad like this one of the Louvre! I also mixed in some black and white photos of my friends to put a more personal touch on the wall. 


I tried to mix in some other items to make the gallery a little more interesting. Here are two of my favorite prints from the Rifle Paper Co. and a letter from a friend with our old home address as a memento of the move! 


Here's the final product! What do you think? Are you a fan of gallery walls?

Emily

4 comments:

  1. So cute, Emily! You did a great job!!
    xoxo
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! I'm planning one for Monica and I's West Village room. You should check it out when it's all finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I'm excited to see it! Can't wait for everyone to be back!

      Delete