Friday, August 29, 2014

#FridayFinds: T-Swift Goes Pop?


Yes, I will admit it. I have always been a little critical of Taylor Swift. I think a lot of that stems from the fact that I've never truly bought into the idea that she's a country artist. Otherwise I do like listening to her songs! 22 is the perfect mood for getting ready to go out and I definitely have caught myself dancing around my room to You Belong With Me a few times. T-Swift's newest song, Shake It Off, changed it up a little bit in the fact that it's… wait for it... pop. Nothing country about it, just pure pop and I like it!

It may not be a Mozart classic of any sorts but hey, it's a good song to dance to so I can dig it. I also appreciate the fact that she can joke about the things people say about her. Check out the music video above and see what you think. Besides some cheesy dance moves, I approve.

Are you a fan of Taylor Swift? What do you think of her newest single?
Emily

2 comments:

  1. I don't feel as though Taylor Swift has been country for a long time! After he first album, she has definitely been pop. She is catchy, though!

    Constance || Prep Northwest

    ReplyDelete