Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bloggers with Class Award!




A huge thank you over to Cathleen over at {Classy Cathleen} for nominating me for the Bloggers with Class Award! This award is all about recognizing ladies who exhibit class through their writing, fashion and lifestyle in general! It's also a great way to find and connect with other classy ladies around this blogosphere!

Here are the Rules!
1. If tagged, copy the rules and link back to Classy Cathleen!
2. Recognize the lovely lady who tagged you and link back!
3. Answer the questions attached to the award
4. Tag 5 other bloggers that you think are classy to receive the award as well!

Questions:
1. What do you think it means to be classy? Being classy is so many things. Yes, it's the way that you dress but also the way that you talk and hold yourself. Classy is poised, conservative and confident. 

2. Who are some of your role models? This may not be a typical answer but definitely my friends. I am surrounded by some amazing and strong women that inspire me daily. I truly don't know what I'd do without them!

3. Who are some of your style icons? I have a lot of people that I look to for different elements of my style. I look to Olivia Palermo and Reese Witherspoon for feminine inspiration but also to Jenna Lyons for pattern and fit mixing and also to Alexa Chung for simple looks that look chic but effortless!

4. Pearls or bows? I always have pearl earrings in however a pearl necklace doesn't always fit my style however, I like simple bow accents on dresses or skirts usually in the form of a sash!

5. Who or what inspires you? I'm constantly inspired by the little things around me whether it's a color combination I see out and about or a quote I catch on my Pinterest timeline. Love the little things!

6. What is your favorite color? This constantly changes but right now I'm digging navy and a bold emerald green!

7. What are some of your favorite pieces that you consider classy? A simple A-line skirt is a must! J.Crew has so tons of these in moderate hem lengths and so many colors! It's definitely my go-to and they are oh so classy!

8. What is your favorite quote? "If you work hard and are kind, amazing things will happen"!

9.Why is it important to have class? Class and poise are a value that is often overlooked today but the confidence and strength that overall class embodies is something we don't need to take for granted. Classy women rule this world! Don't ever think that it's something to be ashamed of!

10. Why did you start your blog? I really started my blog on a whim but I've fallen in love with the creative outlet as well as the amazing opportunities that have sprung from my little afternoon blurbs. I've gotten to meet so many classy ladies along the way that I'm hooked!

Five other ladies that I think deserve this classy award are:
1. Corbin over at The Classy South
2. Caitlin over at Your Typical Prep
3. Marshall over at The Blonde Story
4. Carrie over at Carrie On Blogs
5. Tianna over at Dressed To a Ti

Keep it up classy ladies!
Emily

4 comments:

  1. I love your answers! I was recently nominated for the award myself!

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me! Check out my post here: http://carrieonblogs.com/?p=532
    Loved your post by the way, it was fabulous as always!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete