Wednesday, August 6, 2014

100th Post // Unbelievably Proud And So Very Thankful!!!


Wow. I really cannot believe that this is my 100th blog post for Emily and Dot. While that feels like so many I know it's just only just the beginning! I started this blog on a whim, essentially as a New Year's resolution and although it was a rocky start (one post and then a two month break before starting up again) I ended up on a roll.  I chugged away with my weekly posts, and some ghastly photoshop pictures, throughout a few months of the school year until the end of the semester when E and D came to a screeching halt.

This summer, there have been a lot of changes both in myself and in my life around me. I've shared a few tidbits on here over the past few months; I finished up my sophomore year and had to come to the realization that half of my college career is now over, moved out of my childhood home from downtown to the 'burbs, I studied abroad for the first half of the summer and truly had the experiences of a lifetime, settled into a new work schedule at home and ultimately dealt with some personal life changes as well. E and D proved to be the perfect outlet to express myself and look a little deeper into what I like, what makes me happy and even where I see myself in the future.

Emily and Dot has been such a great learning experience and I'm so proud of myself for revving the engine once again after I was a little definitely burnt out. I had never been a person who consistently kept up with a journal or a diary however with Emily and Dot I finally found an outlet that I truly got hooked on. This blog has opened up so many doors that I never would have thought possible. I've been so lucky to meet so many confident, driven and stylish girls from all across the country and I can't wait to continue working, collaborating and getting to know even more wonderful women. After a few months, and a hundred posts later, I'm really starting to see the fruits of my afternoon blurbs and I feel like this is the perfect time to share some of these things with you all!

Besides my recent invitation to the {HerCampus} Blogger Network some truly exciting things are happening that I never would have expected. I'm am absolutely thrilled to announce that I am now one of the contributing bloggers to the {Marley Lilly} Blog, {The Monogrammed Life} and I could not be more excited to work with this fantastic company! Also, I am happy to announce that I am now on the Undeniable Report team working as the Editor of the Business Column! You can check out the latest issue of the Mag {right here}! Over the summer the magazine has been going through a major facelift but stay tuned for our first issue to come out on September 1st!

I am so so unbelievably thankful of all the opportunities that little Emily and Dot has welcomed and I am unbelievably proud of the growth over the past few months. I sincerely want to thank all of my readers who have stuck with me through my awkward ramblings (like this one…) and all of the bloggers who I have already had the joy of working with in this crazy blogo-sphere that we so love. I am so grateful to have met you all and I can't wait to see what is in store! Keep sticking around Emily and Dot for the big things to come in the next few months, I couldn't have done it without you all.

Always,
Emily
                    


3 comments:

  1. Congrats girl!! This is a huge accomplishment! :) It is so scary when things start to change and you can't control any of it...but somehow things have a way of working out. As an incoming junior in college, I feel a shared nervousness for what the future holds! Blogging is a great way to relief stress and I can't wait to read more of your posts :)
    xo, Amanda
    www.affordablebyamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny how things always have a way of working out for the best! And I agree, blogging has become a surprising way to relieve some stress! Thanks for stopping by! Love your style posts!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats girl! That is awesome not only for the 100th post but for all of the accomplishments you have earned! Love your sweet blog and looking forward to many more great posts!

    http://www.simplyadventurous.com

    ReplyDelete