Monday, July 28, 2014

What's on the Agenda?

What's on the agenda?

It's that time of year again. You're starting to scour through the heaven that is the Target school supplies aisles, searching for your first day of school dress and most importantly looking for the new year's agenda. Cherry. On. Top. Despite how silly it may sound it really is a big decision!

I'm a big list person. Everything I do has to be written down. I always have a handful of random journals on me to keep track of homework, errands, things to remember and important dates however my agenda is where it all comes together. I combine all of these little scribbles in my other notepads onto a much cleaner and much easier to visualize layout. I carry my agenda with me everywhere and it's one of the first things I look at when I wake up and one of the last things I put down when I go to bed. To say that my agenda is this important in my life sounds utterly pathetic but it's really always around. And that, is why this silly-sounding difficult agenda decision is, well, not so silly. 


For the past few years I was a tried and true Lilly agenda owner. I loved the doodles and quotes on the inside but I decided to change it up this year. I went for the {Large Kate Spade Bella Bookcase} Agenda. I did this for a few reasons. For one, my Lilly agenda seemed almost too-preppy for my taste (as hard as that is to believe). I wanted something a little more toned down and a little more grown up. The bookcase cover is so cute with some of my favorite books actually drawn on the shelves! I also liked the fact that this hard cover encased the pages providing a little more protection against a year of toting's wear and tear. This time I also opted for the Large size as opposed to the Medium. I originally ordered the smaller size and upon arrival I decided to trade up. The Kate Spade Medium pages are slightly smaller than that of the Lilly and I like a lot of room to write. The several inches larger do not make the planner any less convenient to carry around and the extra space was worth the few extra dollars. All in all, I'm super excited on my decision and I'm already shocked that the August calendar is already filled. Yikes!

To help some of you all out on your quest for the oh-so-perfect-agenda I provided a few links {click on the image above} to some adorable designs with great page layouts. A cute agendas is a little way to spice up a boring stack of books in your backpack as well as keep everything super organized!

What agendas are you liking for this school year?

Emily

            

2 comments:

  1. AHH! OMG! I ordered the Bella Bookshelf agenda last Friday!!! I am so excited for it to come.. and we're matching:) I liked reading why you chose this over a Lilly agenda. I agree with you 100% The Lilly agendas are a little too preppy (I hate saying it.. but you know what I mean haha) and the Kate Spade agendas are just more appropriate for school, and scheduling out events and projects.
    xx-
    Cathleen
    Classy Cathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo twins! I loved all of the Kate Spade designs but I definitely thought this one had the most personality! Great taste! ;)

      Delete