Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Weekend Recap of a Pretty Perfect Fourth!


Usually I don't do a post on Sunday but I wanted to wrap up the end of this week with a recap because this July Fourth weekend took me by pleasant surprise! To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to this one just because of a few recent changes in my life and the memories that my favorite holiday holds with that - however it turned out to be quite perfect. 


Due to my family's recent move away from downtown (and the hundreds of boxes still sitting around our house) the Fourth was going to be inevitably more low-key than before. My Friday was spent sleeping in a bit, unpacking a few boxes and then finally putting on the Red, White and Blue to meet up with some family friends that had come into town. Later that night I met up with a friend that I hadn't seen in a while and enjoyed some fireworks in a place I wouldn't have expected a year ago. It was absolutely wonderful catching up and I'm sure a post is going to come soon about the joys of that. Taking the time to meet up with old friends is such a gift and I'm happy that it got to be on the Fourth.

Saturday was spent painting bookshelves that will soon be lining the wall of my new room! Let me tell you, those puppies are big!! Can't wait till another post that will show you the finished product of all my handiwork to get my room completely finished! Boy it's been a task but it will be so worth it when it's down! To cap off Saturday, my family ended up going to a nice dinner pond side and the family time was a treat!


The night finished off, of course, with fireworks! Here are some of the photos that, my brother and I took, playing with exposure and writing (failing) with sparklers. Hopefully we can perfect this soon!



All in all, I could not have been more surprised, but more importantly, more happy with how this Fourth of July weekend turned out. I'm all about the happy days and these were what it's all about. 


Hope everyone's Fourth was as subtly splendid as mine!
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment