Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Hiatus Has to End - I Need Blogging


Wow. It's been a while. For a number of reasons. I finished up the end of finals and between the process of packing, moving and then unpacking my dorm necessities at home I was swamped and my arms were jelly. As soon as I got home from school I began hectically packing for my study abroad program in Europe that I left for only four days after getting home. (Whirlwind). I was then abroad for five weeks traveling across Europe and studying at the University of Antwerpen in Belgium. Since I've been back I've been dealing with the added stress of moving out of my childhood home, working and dealing with some life changes as well.

To be honest, I was done with the blog. The day after my finals I got some shattering news and had nothing positive to say. Europe was the distraction of a lifetime and one that I will never forget. I kept a study abroad blog on my travels (mainly for the sake of my family to keep up) but nonetheless feel free to click on the link. By the time I got back I just didn't want to do it. I wanted to deal with me and focus on some mindless activities to get through a few (understated) rough days.

But I'm writing a post. Why? Well, I typed in the link and looked around this blog, my blog, the one you're reading right here and it brought back a lot of feels. For one, I was surprisingly proud of my little afternoon blurbs and in reading through some of the posts it felt like me. I remember where I was writing those, both physically and emotionally, and there's something nostalgic about that when looking back. In looking forward, there's something soothing about posting. Honestly, it's more of a conversation with myself rather than to readers. Even if it's a post about my favorite Hunter boot colors it still gives me something to do, a place to vent, a place to organize the doodles and dreams that go through my head.

So hey, I'm back.

I like this blog. I like blogging. Even if I do get a little embarrassed that I know my family reads this, even if I do sometimes feel immature in my posts, or caddy or trivial or dread coming up with a new idea - it's good for me. And it'll be good for me to put some words on paper (a computer screen) while I'm dealing with this roller coaster called life.

So to my consistent readers, I do apologize about my hiatus. I do feel loyalty to you all and I'm sorry for the unannounced leave of absence.

And to me, I'm glad to be back. I think in coming back, this blog will become more personal, even more me. But hey, I think it's good. I've been pushed outside of my comfort zone for the past few weeks and I'm trying to find my own path again, me, again. So Emily and Dot might not seem so different but it's coming from a girl who has changed a lot since the last post. Change can be good. Change is good and new perspectives are nothing to be afraid of.

So here's to Emily and Dot and many more days to come,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment