Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Staple Skirt

Staple Skirt 1

This skirt has definitely come to be one of my favorite pieces in my closet. I love dressing in skirts more than anything and a simple versatile piece can go a long way. The J.Crew Linen mini shown here gets an A+ from me! They go with absolutely everything and I mean it, absolutely everything! I've definitely done it all. I've paired them with button downs, blouses, t-shirts {seen here}, sandals, heels, flats and sneakers!

As of now I have two of them, a pink and a navy. I like having the neutral tone because it can easily go with any ensemble but the pink is a great statement piece and certainly brightens up any day! Now that I already have a basic color I'd like to collect a few more bright punchy colors. (I'm totally eyeing that black and white striped skirt on the right!)

The Linen Mini is sold both in J.Crew and J.Crew factory stores! Each store features different colors of the same staple piece, however *cough, cough*, the J.Crew Factory skirts are half the price of the regular store! Each of mine are from the different stores and I honestly cannot tell any difference. I'll go for two skirts for the price of one any day!

Staple Skirts

These staple skirts are truly perfect for spring and can easily transition into summer and fall. As I said before there are literally a million ways to style this skirt whether you want it dressier or super casual and paired with some Chucks! I mixed and matched some outfits to really show you how versatile they are. I'm going to definitely be taking the plunge and investing in another one of these staple pieces soon, now I just have to decide on the color!

Do you have any staple pieces that you love to mix and match?!

Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment