Thursday, April 10, 2014

On the Road Again


Last night I headed out onto the highway to see my guy. I was originally planning on sleeping in a little this morning and then leaving later today at a reasonable hour but I just needed to get on the road. I ended up packing my car last night pretty late (well really late) for a considerably long drive of 5 hours. However, if you've ever been in a long distance relationship you would understand. There are truly no words to describe how much you can miss a person. After spending over a month apart I couldn't wait till Friday. I couldn't wait till the morning. When I'm going to see him driving at night doesn't really bother me. The anticipation of seeing PK is always enough motivation and excitement to keep me awake.

So now I'm here and I can't tell you how good that feels.

It might be a little crazy taking off two days of school with finals looming but I'm in desperate need of a break. Honestly it felt really good to just up and leave. I was getting overwhelmed with my workload and the amount that I was starting to miss PK was dragging me down even further. I will still be able to stay on track here even if it is a few hours away from school. When he's in class I'll be cranking out a paper and studying for a test next week. There's nothing like studying with him. It makes me feel like we're a normal couple!

If I could give anyone advice on a long distance relationship it would be: it's possible. There are so many negative assumptions of the feasibility of long distance relationships in college. If you're committed, there's no reason it can't work. It is hard. I can't put into words how hard it is to go through stressful days or even happy days without having your best friend there to share it but I can tell you it is worth it.

Here's to a weekend of pure bliss,
Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment