Thursday, March 27, 2014

What to Wear for Early Spring Temps?


Don't get me wrong, I am so thrilled that spring is here! The weather is just starting to warm up and the trees are getting ready to bloom however this awkward temperature that we're in right now is so difficult to dress for! Here in Memphis, the morning starts out in the low 40's, rises to high 50's around noon then drops again to the 40's by 5:00. Getting dressed in the morning has been a struggle to say the least! It's too chilly to wear a skirt without tights but I feel like we should be done with tights by now! I absolutely refuse to drag them out of the box in the back of my closet and now I'm stuck. Seeing as I'm a primarily "skirt" girl, I'm having major difficulties. 

My solution to these mildly warm but still brisk temperature is layering. It's prime weather for a light jacket and a sweater tucked into your purse. I start out in the morning with a jacket, peel it off for lunch and throw it on again when I'm heading back from the library at night. It's a bit of a pain carrying the extra piece around but as long as I'm comfortable all day long I'm not complaining!

Here I put together 4 different layered looks perfect for any day. I stuck with pants because (I'm not lying) I refuse to wear tights in spring. Maybe I'm a little stubborn but I've got my eyes set on warm weather and I'm not looking back. All of these casual looks are perfect for the breezy temps  with small pops of color they keep me in a springy state of mind!


Walk the Dog

I'm going to have to do a post on this J.Crew Downtown Field Jacket. It is the 
newest addition to my wardrobe and it is absolutely perfect. The texture and 
weight is great for brisk transition seasons and the cool style goes 
with literally everything! 

Outfit to School 1

I love the combination of a tailored pant with a zippered hoodie. I always drag mine along to the library because you can never estimate what the temperature is going to be in there! I've also become obsessed with Herschel Supply Co. backpacks. They flash me back to first grade and I'm definitely digging it. 


Grocery Style

Army green is my current favorite color in my wardrobe. I love its contrast with orange and hot pink and the green paired with a stripe is my absolute favorite combination. These fitted pants provide another edgy alternative to the every day jean with the same comfort and casual style.

Outfit for Class 2

The white jeans are out and girlfriend they are here to stay. I'm easing them into the season by pairing them with some warmer accents. The chambray shirt curbs this summery look and the waffle knit sweater keeps me warm while the season is warming up.


All layered up,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment