Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Snow Days


So yesterday we had a snow day. A snow day. In March. In Memphis.

Either way, I'll take it. Waking up to the brightness of the snow outside is one of those "little things".  I always remember doing secret tribal dances in my room when I was in elementary school praying to the snowday gods that my school would close. I did even try the pajamas inside out trick. I'm also happy to say that the one time I tried this it did work. Although I don't typically spend the day sledding and creating elaborate 4 feet snowmen in the backyard I still love these days. Playing around in the snow (now mainly consisting of walking around in the covered grass) is something that I will never get tired of.

Despite my hopes that the weather will warm up as soon as possible, I loved yesterday.  It also was a much needed respite on a Monday. I could use more mondays off to sit in my room and drink a hot chai. And obviously a cake pop. If you give a mouse a cookie right?

So snow days are good and snow days will always be good. Thanks snowday gods, stay tuned for more tribal dances to come.






Diggin this day off,
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment