Monday, March 3, 2014

Ice Ice Baby


So as I'm typing this there is sleet coming down outside. The sidewalk is already covered and all I can think of is the fact that we have pin attire tomorrow.

So what does that mean?
Business attire, in the sleet. That's always a fun combination.

These are the days that I truly have nothing to wear. 


Dressing in the cold is an impossible task. There are four possibilities of winter dressing:

Option A. You look great. Red lips, houndsooth dress, tights and riding boots. Compliments all day but by the time you get back home your knees are bright red and shaking and your hair just might have frozen off.

Option B. You're so bundled up you look like the little boy from A Christmas Story in your floor length puffer coat. Eskimo can be trendy I guess…?

Option C. You throw on the lulu lemon fleece tights, tall uggs, your boyfriend's worn in sweatshirt, a patagonia and call it a day. You're sacrificing a little bit of heat for a lotta bit of style but you're out of the house on this snowy day so that's got to count for something right?!

Either way, it's a task.
I'm determined tomorrow to look like a million bucks. Okay maybe not a million bucks but lets at least good enough that I could instagram the outfit and possibly get a few likes.

Here's some of the inspiration I've been looking at for tomorrow.

Hope it can spark some ideas for your chilly days too!



I'm a sucker for bean boots and tights. Not only are they practical but they give a formal outfit a more whimsical 2nd grade going-to-school feel. And honestly, I'm all for that. 


That dress. Those shoes. I mean those legs. This girl's got it.


I'm not typically a fan of the Over-the-knee boots but with that coat it really takes the edge off. She's less Pretty Woman and more Serena Van der Woodson and I can really dig it.


This would be a stretch for me but I really am dying to try a beany. Hopefully soon I'll whip out the curling iron and give it a go. I'll keep you posted...

I think I just fell in love with these pants. Fitted to perfection and they look festively warm. Plus, this girl's got guts.


I think this is what I'm going for. The mixture of textures with an overall cozy feel. I could go through a whole day of classes in that sweater, not to mention that skirt. Oh, and I'm definitely thinkin bean boots. 

Stay warm!

~ Always, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment