Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Feeling Like a Grownup

Recently I've been applying for scholarships and internships for this coming summer. First off I think its semi sad that I'm so focused and determined to get internships over the summer instead of planning the days I'm going to the pool. I can honestly count the number of times I was at the pool this past summer on one hand. Easy to say I wasn't very tan. Then again, it does feel pretty good and honestly rewarding to have a "real-people" job in an office.

Due to this need for experience (and mainly money) this past week has been a little stressful with all of the March 1st-3rd deadlines. Anyways, in doing this I've come to the conclusion that I'm pretty impressed with my drive and willingness to work hard in order to get my dream job. I was designing business cards last night, I'm not sure if I should be ashamed of that or proud.

For one of my internship applications I had to provide a Curriculum Vitae. Firstly, I'm prefacing this with, I had to look up what that was… Secondly, most of the samples I looked at were in other languages. Twas a task looking for an English version. By the end of the day however I had successfully completed this document and I'm actually excited about it!


So long story short, I think I can deal with this growing up thing. Although I'm missing pool time, I'm currently feeling a little accomplished and definitely driven. I can handle this.


Now with a fancy resume,
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment