Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Highway Day Ahead

So today I'm heading back to Memphis to finish off my sophomore year of college. Gulp. That sounds really scary. Gosh I can't believe it's over halfway done! This break flew by but I am so thankful that I got to spend some time at home for a few days. However, the worst part about breaks ending is the drive back to school. Yuck, not looking forward to this but I've got my goldfish and gummy bears to keep me company!

I put together a mix that's going to get me through the first couple hours of my drive. Especially when highway driving, music is critical!




First of all, music helps me get over the initial few hours of homesickness as I'm driving away. I'm really an independent person. I wanted to go to college 6 hours away from home for a reason but I still hate saying goodbye. I always have a tough time leaving my parents and the goodbye with my long distance boyfriend is unbearable but I can handle it. I just need some sunglasses and some happy tunes to get me through.

Secondly, music keeps me awake! Hours on the highway is truly mind-numbing. In the car I need something upbeat that I can dance to and belt out lyrics. It's totally embarrassing but I do enjoy these secret jam sessions. Anything that can keep me awake and alert is important!

I'm getting ready to head out so I guess I'll see you on the other side!


All packed and ready to go,
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment